LAUNCH: JULY 30
We want to hear your #CountdownToMars
Launching to Mars is hard—and in these times, even harder—but NASA’s Perseverance rover team has met the challenge. Help us get ready for the upcoming launch by taking part in a global, collective #CountdownToMars.
It’s not every day you can help send a mission off to Mars! If you’ve ever dreamed of working in mission control, here’s your chance to show us what you’ve got and be part of history!
How to participate:
If your countdown hits the mark, we may share it on our NASA social media accounts, and even feature it on launch day — July 30, 2020!
What Makes a Great Countdown?To hear what goes into a real Mars launch countdown, here’s a great example from the Curiosity rover launch.
We want to hear YOUR version!
If you could do the launch countdown, what would you say? Some suggestions:
- Get your kids and/or pets involved
- Role play as a NASA flight director
- Give us your best announcer voice
- Send your “bon voyage” and best wishes to Perseverance
- Cheer, hold up signs, make costumes — you name it!
Extra Credit Ideas
- “And...liftoff of the Atlas V with Curiosity, seeking clues to the planetary puzzle about life on Mars.”
- “And...liftoff of the Atlas V with InSight, the first outer space robotic explorer to study the interior of Mars.”
- “And...liftoff of the Atlas V with MRO, surveying for the deepest insights into the mysterious evolution of Mars.”
- “And...liftoff of the Atlas ‘Five’ with the Perseverance rover, [YOUR SENDOFF HERE].”
#CountdownToMars: Terms and ConditionsWhen submitting your image(s) and/or video(s) to the #CountdownToMars campaign, you confirm to NASA/JPL-Caltech that:
- The image or video was produced by you (i.e., your original work)
- The contents of the image or video do not infringe the copyright, or any other right, of any third party
- The image or video do not contain inappropriate content
- You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, an emancipated minor, or have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to submit your image or video to the campaign. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13.
In the event any individual is featured in any submitted images or video, by submitting such material you represent and warrant that such individual agrees that NASA/JPL-Caltech may use such individual’s name or likeness in connection with NASA’s use of the material in the campaign.
Your images and videos must comply with the terms of service for the site you are using:
By participating in the campaign, you grant the U.S. government a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual,
non-exclusive license to reproduce, display and distribute entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational, promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, scholarly and all other governmental purposes, and to have or permit others to do so on the government’s behalf. NASA/JPL-Caltech will use reasonable efforts to mark any images or video reproduced with a credit, if feasible. NASA/JPL-Caltech will not be required to seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.