Name the Rover Contest
You Can Name the Mars 2020 Rover!
Now Accepting Essay Submissions
NASA invites U.S. students to submit essays to name NASA's next Mars rover. Kindergarten through 12th grade students have until Nov. 1, 2019 to submit their name. Register, learn more, and submit entries (or sign up to be a judge) using one of the links below.
By participating in the essay contest, students will:
- Learn about real NASA missions
- Apply their critical thinking skills
- Learn something new, and form questions about a place they may never have heard of
- Conduct research using NASA websites
- Applying their writing skills
The essays of finalists will be published on NASA's Mars Website.