(Science and Geophysical Research Letters embargoed details until 2 p.m. EST Nov. 5)
The event will be broadcast live on NASA Television and the agency's website.
- Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters
- Bruce Jakosky, Mars Atmosphere and Volatile Evolution (MAVEN) principal investigator at the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado, Boulder
- Jasper Halekas, MAVEN Solar Wind Ion Analyzer instrument lead at the University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Yaxue Dong, MAVEN science team member at LASP
- Dave Brain, MAVEN co-investigator at LASP
A brief question-and-answer session will take place during the event with media on site and by phone. Members of the public also can ask questions during the briefing on social media using #AskNASA.
To participate in the briefing by phone, media must email their name, media affiliation and phone number to Laurie Cantillo at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon EST on Thursday.
For NASA TV downlink information and schedules, and to view the news briefing, visit:
For more information about NASA's journey to Mars:
Dwayne Brown / Laurie Cantillo
202-358-1726 / 202-358-1077
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Neal-Jones / Bill Steigerwald
Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
301-286-0039 / 301-286-5017
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org